Tears for Water: Leggi Online!, Pubblicazione a capitoli by ;matty

« Older   Newer »
;matty
view post Posted on 1/8/2009, 18:37

Visto che mi è arrivato il libro, ve lo posterò interamente in questo topic (un pò alla volta xD).
Il libro è composto da Poesie nella prima parte e dalle liriche di "Songs in A Minor" e "The Diary Of Alicia Keys" nella seconda parte.
Let's go!

Introduction

All my life, I've written these words with no thought or intention of sharing them. Not even with my closest confidants. These are my mosto delicate thoughts. The ones that I wrote down just so I could understand what in the world these things I was thinking meant. I would run to the bathroom, the smallest room in the apartment, but also the most private and personal, and there I would stay for hours, running the water to hide my tears, my fears, my confusion, my laughter, virtually anything that I was feeling, because I couldn't bear for anyone to know. I am private that way and I guess I always have been.
It wasn't until the process of going through all the words that I had documented in stacks of journals and notebooks that I realized how ready I am to share these "secret" thoughts. I have experienced all these things-some of them painful, some of them just observations, some silly, some that have affected me so deeply and with such frustration that the only way to express the confusion was to write it down. I want to share this now because I have learned from them, I have suffred through them, I have grown from them, and now I'm more aware of myself as a woman and as a person who goes through the things that cause life to be experienced in all its crazy, upside-down-sideways-inside-out.glory. I am more aware of what I feel and how to deal and where to go from here. Reading these words reminds me that all I've gone through and all I've seen wasn't in vain. It all adds up eventually.
I call this Tears for Water because in looking through all these words I have come to the understanding that everything I have ever written has stemmed from my tears of joy, of pain, of sorrow, of depression, and of question. Every single word has come from some form of my tears. I use them as water to nourish me, quenching the thirst for understanding myself, and because of them I am able to survive, I am able to stay alive, I am able to breathe. So I don't mind drinking my tears for water.
I know that any creative expression is destined to be subject to criticism, but this book is for me and all those who are on the search for freedom. For all who believe in the power of words and their potential to heal. These are for those of us who are open for anything.
I am opening my heart to you.

elernb4ever
view post Posted on 3/8/2009, 15:59

wow..grazie Matteo!...è da 1 un pò ke volevo comprarlo ma nn si trovava da nessuna parte...
dall'introduzione sembra già bello...^^

;matty
view post Posted on 3/8/2009, 17:24

Poems

Golden Child

Hello morning
now I see you
cause I am awake
What was once so sweet and secure
has turned out to be fake
Girl, you can't be scared
gotta stand up tall and let 'em see what shines in you
Push aside the part
lying in your heart
like the ocean is deep, dark and blue

Golden sunshine's
peeking through the grayness of the sky
Soon it will be in full view
and rain won't stain your eye
Girl, you be smart
look in your heart and see what shines in you
Push aside the part
lying in your heart
like the ocean is deep, dark and blue

You are a golden child.

You don't have to be afraid cause time is on your side
and they don't know the power you possess
or the beauty that's inside

Hello morning
now I see you
cause the lessons learned
these cards are the ones dealt to play
and the tables will be turned

You are a golden child.

-----------

I wrote "Golden Child" during one of the most devastating times in my life. It seemed like nothing could go right and everything I believed in was being tested and torn down. I felt like the most lonesome person on the planet. No one could understand my pain, nor could I explain it. It cut so deep I was almost numb. I didn't want to believe that was happening. I shut myself in a room with my piano and just sat there. Everywhere I looked, I felt out of place. The birds were chirping and the trees were beginning to bloom, but it was gray and brittle and cold. That's what people were. Gray and cold. They were monsters and I felt like I was sleeping deeper into believing what they thought of me.

Maybe I know nothing.
I spent much of the day lying awake in a dark room.

Down, unable to get up. I'm drowning. I have nothing and I don't know how I'm gonna get anything. Every time I go over that bridge I feel like a prisoner. I feel locked inside a world I can't afford. Things are getting tight. I gotta get outta here. But I'm numb. Everyone's numb. Nothing is right.

This was the turning point for me. I was forced to believe in myself and not in what others thought of me. It was one of the hardest lessons I've ever gone through, and it changed my life forever.

mariannaggg
view post Posted on 5/1/2010, 16:09

dev'essere bello

3 replies since 1/8/2009, 18:37   155 views